‘Pokemon Go’ Asia release: Status and availability in India, Singapore, Japan, China and other countries
“Pokemon Go,” the Augmented Reality video game that has triggered frenzy among fans around the world, has not yet been released in Asia yet. Pokemon fans in countries like India, Singapore, Japan, China and others have been fervently waiting for its release.
The developer has promised to continue rolling out this game in new countries. On July 13, the game was released in Germany, officially the fourth country to receive the game.
“Pokemon Go” makes use of the player’s camera device to project virtual Pokemon, which players will have to catch and train. They can also be transferred to other players or to Professor Willow who will reward players.
Reddit users have formed a thread titled “‘Pokemon Go’ Release Status – Asia” to help track “Pokemon Go” release and availability in Asia. The moderators of the thread have claimed that with the help of the “Pokemon Go” community in Asia, they are updating the thread on an hourly basis.
Meanwhile, here is another website that fans can check to see if “Pokemon Go” is released in their country.
Here is a list of countries (posted by a Reddit user), which may not be getting the official “Pokemon Go” game — China (People’s Republic of China, Mainland China), Korea (Republic of Korea and South Korea), Taiwan (Republic of China, Taiwan), Cuba, Iran, Myanmar and Sudan.
Players must note that there was a fake Chinese article which said that the “Pokemon Go” would be released in Asia on July 15 at 10 a.m. Japan time.
There have been reports of users in Pakistan getting in-game data.
Here are the details from the Reddit thread:
|Country||Last Status||Android*||iTunes*||Local Server*|
|China||15/07||No||No||(Available in Liaoning and Xinjiang // Others last availability: 11/7)|
|Hong Kong||15/07||No||No||(Last availability: 11/7 at 11 a.m.)|
|India||15/07||No||No||(Mostly available / Down again since 12/07)||Indonesia||15/07||No||No||(Last availability: 12/7 at 10 a.m.)||Japan||15/07||No||No||(Last availability: 11/7 at 3 p.m.)||Malaysia||15/07||No||No||(Last availability: 11/7)||Philippines||15/07||No||No||(Last availability: 11/7 at 3 p.m.)||Singapore||15/07||No||No||(Last availability: 11/7)||South Korea||15/07||No||No||(Last availability: 11/7 at 1 p.m.)||Taiwan||15/07||No||No||(No)||Thailand||15/07||No||No||(Last availability: 11/7)|
|Country||Last Status||Android||iTunes||Local Server|
*Android / iTunes
– “Pokemon Go” App’s release in the local App Store
*Local Servers – Availability of “in game” data (Pokestops etc.) locally (sometimes available before the official launch) and latest time.
Friday – 15/07/2016
- (15/07/16) – 10:00 a.m., Malaysia’s AsiaOne claiming PoGo release today.
- (15/07/16) – 9:45 a.m., No updates have been confirmed from Brunei, Bangladesh, Israel.
- (15/07/16) – 8:45 a.m., No updates have been confirmed from Korea and China too.
- (15/07/16) – 7:30 a.m., No updates have been confirmed from Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, Thailand, Israel, Vietnam
- (15/07/16) – 6:00 a.m., Users in Asia reporting login and server issues.
- (15/07/16) – 5:00 a.m., Not yet released in any Asia region.
- (15/07/16) – 1:30 a.m., Official “Pokemon Go” statement to IGN Asia reveals that the company is concentrating on the countries it has already released. There is no specific date for Asia release.
Thursday – 14/07/2016
- (14/07/16) – 11:00 p.m.,The Chinese article that stated “Pokemon Go” would be releasing in Asia Tomorrow (10 a.m. Japan time) has been confirmed as fake, says this website.
- (14/07/16) – 10:30 p.m., Maps for Asia regions are mostly available but not the in-game data!
- (14/07/16) – 9:30 p.m., No further updates on the Asia release.
- (14/07/16) – 7:30 p.m., Unconfirmed Chinese article states that the Asia release will be tomorrow 10 a.m. Japan time, says this website.
- (14/07/16) – 6:30 p.m., Users from Pakistan are reporting in-game data availability.
- (14/07/16) – 5:45 p.m., Last rumor is that “Pokemon Go” will go live Friday morning at 5 am HK time
- (14/07/16) – 4:40 p.m., Live in the UK, nothing in Asia
- (14/07/16) – 4:30 p.m., Nothing, rumors saying the game will go live in Asia were not true, confirmed Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Philippines still empty maps
- (14/07/16) – 3:00 p.m., Users in Asia are reporting “Login Issues”
- (14/07/16) – 1:45 p.m., Thailand empty maps too
- (14/07/16) – 1:30 p.m., Still empty in Malaysia
- (14/07/16) – 7:00 a.m., “Pokemon Go” live in Asia during next 30 hours, says this website.