CBSE Class 12th Results declared
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Saturday (May 21, 2016) declared the CBSE Class 12th result 2016/CBSE XII Results 2016.
The students were surprised to be able to check the results over an hour before the scheduled time of 12 noon.The results are available on three websites –
The schools will automatically get their entire results on email IDs already registered with the board.
Sukriti Gupta of Montfort School in Delhi topped nationally in Twelfth grade/CBSE 12th result 2016.Gupta, a science stream student, scored full marks in Physics and Chemistry while she got 99 out of 100 in English, Mathematics and Computer Science each. Her aggregate marks were 497 out of 500.
Meet Sukriti Gupta, CBSE class XII topper who scored 99.4 % marks
Palak Goyal of Tagore Public School at Kurukshetra in Haryana stood second in the all India ranking, securing just one mark less than Gupta. Her aggregate marks were 496 out of 500 – or 99.2 percent.
The third place was secured by Somya Uppal of St. Theresa`s Convent School at Karnal in Haryana and Ajish Sekar of P.S.B.B Senior Secondary at K.K Nagar in Chennai, both getting 99 percent marks.
“Starting this year, CBSE will also provide class 12 digital marksheets in DigiLocker at www.digilocker.gov.in. The DigiLocker account credentials will be sent to students via SMS on their mobile number registered with CBSE,” an official statement said.
“The results will also be available via Android mobile app-DigiResults. As per previous years, the board will also be disseminating its results through IVRS also,” it added.
“Schools under the Delhi region are advised to collect the results from the office of the respective Zonal office after declaration of the result. People are advised not to visit Board’s office for collection of results,” the statement said, adding that the process of verification will be displayed on CBSE’s website shortly.
- 92% students have cleared the exam (83.05% in 2015).
- 88.58% girls have passed; 78.85% boys have cleared the exam.
- Thiruvananthapuram has the highest pass percentage of 97.61%. Chennai stands second with 92.63%.
- All-India topper in all categories, Sukriti Gupta of Montfort School in Ashok Vihar, scores 99.4%.
- Chennai student Ajish Shekhar stands at third place.
- Among differently abled students, Mudita Jagota of DAV Public School in Faridabad score 485 or 97% marks, while Siddhartha Bistar of Kendriya Vidyalaya RK Puram is second with 484 marks.
- Lucknow girl Anshul Bhadauria scores 98.6%.
- Harshita Sharma tops Agra with scoring 98.2 % marks.
- Subham Acharya tops of Bhubaneswar region with 98.4% marks.
- Twin sisters Ankita Chauhan and Harshita Chauhan scored 93% marks in the Science stream. They are students of DAV Sector 14, Gurgaon.
- Avita scored 94.6% marks in the Commerce stream.She is student of DAV Public School , Phillaur.